Google

Thursday, August 18, 2005



Rebekah had the girls under their baby einstein activity gym today and Abigail was so interested in getting a different perspective that she turned her body around, as you can see in the picture. The girls have been quite challenging this week, but we are beginning to see their personalities more and they are more interested in their surroundings. Abigail did not want to let Sydney get all of the developmental accolades, so she was plum angry a few days ago and flipped from her back onto her tummy! She was in the crib and waiting on her diaper changing shift--face first into the mattress did not make her any happier, either. The girls are in a fussy stage where they are not happy unless they are held and against a human body. Rebekah is at home alone for many hours during the day, and if both girls are this way at the same time, the craziness sets in. We have days like Monday where both girls did not sleep from 11am to 8pm and spit up their entire bottles twice and days like today where the girls slept a good bit.

Life with the girls is definitely fun and as crazy as it gets, we remind ourselves what a blessing they are to us. I (Rebekah) am beginning to settle into some sort of a daily routine. Taking showers and doing laundry are actually exciting for me and give me a sense of accomplishment when time (and the girls) allows. As some of you may realize, this is the first opportunity I have had to sit and write on our blog. Brad has been encouraging me to write my perspective, but I usually spend the hour between the girls 3 hour feedings doing other necessary tasks. As Brad mentioned, Sydney and Abigail are beginning to be more attentive and occasionally look into our eyes when they are not screaming for their bottle. I am looking forward to being with them as they begin to observe their surroundings and become even more interactive.

4 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very nice to see current pictures of those sweet little babies. We also enjoyed hearing from the new mama, We love you and can hardly wait to hold the twins once again.

Gramma Deanie and Papa Mike

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebekah and Brad,

I enjoy keeping up with your family through your blog. Your girls are beautiful! May God continue blessing you with His strength and wisdom. (Abbey looks forward to meeting your daughters one holiday in St. Louis.)

Rachel Pleasant

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebekah,

I'm so glad you're settling into a routine. I've been keeping up with the blog on a daily basis and I love seeing your precious girls. It only gets better from here! I hope we can see each other soon.

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, that picture really depicts what a handful they can be with Abigail twisted around. I pray for you guys daily and hope that the girls will be less fussy as time goes on (cross our fingers right?). They are the most precious beings ever! I can't wait to see them again and see how much they have grown and changed in three weeks! Hope you guys have a great weekend! Love you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
supercounter