Google

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I think that we have dreaded this week because of the lack of live-in helpers to help out will the girls, but I believe that we have managed pretty well, so far. The nights have been challenging at times, but work has accepted that I'll be a space cadet for a while. Rebekah is adjusting well to the constant speed of motion around our new life eventhough everyday is a roller coaster ride. These girls are an amazing reponsibility, yes, but just that thought of 'my life is not my life anymore' sinks in and gives my life a new paradigm. The reality is that we cannot just ignore the crying baby/babies in the room anymore and that our new sole purpose in life is to raise these girls in the best way we know how. Wow! That hits like a ton of bricks. On that note: please continue to pray for us, all--peace, strength, perseverance, health, et. al. Thank you.

4 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Mary Alice said...

We know just how you feel. Some days you feel like you just hit a brick wall, but have to somehow manage to get up and go on - and not for you but for those babies. It was a huge paradigm shift for me too - an only child and the center of my own universe when I suddenly had to put someone else first ALL THE TIME!

We want to see you guys soon, but have wanted you to have the time and space to adjust and enjoy the family that has been here. We'll call to "schedule an appointment" soon.

Oh, and I promise that it does get easier. Really, it does.

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so happy for the two of you. I remember those days, wondering if they would ever end and now they have graduated from High School. I think of you both and those sweet girls often. What a blessing they will be to your lives. I can't wait until we get to see them some day. Take care and give those girls a kiss from their great aunt and uncle.

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We enjoy the commentary - but we NEED some new pictures! We are dying here in St. Louis with the "pictorial drought!" Gramma Deanie and Papa Mike

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are awesome and are doing/will do a great job at raising them. We're here for you.
We love you.
Scott, Jessica and John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
supercounter