Google

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

We have survived the first full week at home! But don't let the above picture fool you into thinking we have two docile daughters--by no means. Even after feeding the girls a bottle in the evening, one or both may just want to be awake and play--arching their backs, flipping themselves over onto their backs from a side lying position, and 'rooting' for more on their bearskin rugs, mattresses, or daddy's arm. I actually held Abigail through half of dinner last night to calm her down. Oh, believe me, it is one of the greatest feelings in the world to be near and hold these girls, and I would not give it up for anything. The constant motion at the house can be draining for those involved, though. Rebekah is definitely adjusting well and is learning the true meaning of patience and perseverance. Rebekah's mom, Nadine, has been on the clock 24/7, and I am dreading the day we receive that bill. Haha. Nadine, we could not do it without you! The best news--and I hope that it continues--is that the girls have been on a 4 hour schedule for the past two nights. Feeding at 11pm then 3am then 7am instead of 11pm, 2am, 5am and 8am. That gives the caretaker a few more minutes of sleep each shift. Not forgetting the minor incidents, of course, but I think that we are starting to enjoy this parenting thing! Taking a line from Mike Organ: continue to pray for the "Glisson family and the recent family explosion."

3 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would agree that it is one of the greatest feelings to be near and hold those precious girls, and I am just the aunt! I can't wait to see how much they have grown and changed in just a couple of weeks when I get to come back to town and hopefully see my nieces, that is if their momma and daddy will allow me to! I love them so much! I am glad to hear the feedings are happening at more convenient hours. I hope it gets easier and easier as the girls grow and develop! I love you all - Glisson family (or one section of it):)

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like the girls got their fashion sense from their friend, Karina!

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful girls you have!! We just learned we could see them on the computer---what an invention this is, even tho most of the time I get very frustrated trying to use it, what a special thrill it is to be able to see all of you with those precious girls. Have fun with them and keep healthy so you can keep up with them!!Love you, Bob and Joanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
supercounter