Google

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Day 17 of life for Abigail and Sydney...do you think they look alike? Eventhough they have had all of their tubes removed, we can't really tell yet--their skin tone looks different to me, but their facial features look similar. I hope that we find out someday so that we'll have an answer when people ask, "Are they identical or not?" As if not being identical makes them any less special! We've had some encouraging news over the weekend, but we don't want to get our hopes up--the girls could be going home this week. The doc let us know on Friday that we could be discharged Monday or Tuesday! Both girls weighed in at 4 pounds, 11 ounces last night. I cannot tell you the joy that wells up in my chest when I think of bringing them home. Coming home instead of shuffling to the hospital everyday after work will be very nice--and to have them here on the weekend when we can spend lots of time together. We have received plenty of encouragement from friends and family, two good meals from Mike and Michelle Organ and Walker and Michelle Schul this week, chauffeur from my wonderful Grandma and Grandpa for Rebekah, and good 'hang out' time with my Mom and Dad for dinners and with the girls--all of these things make the waiting more bearable--thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
supercounter