Google

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just a few months before my gramma Gin passed away last year, she made coverlets/quilts for Sydney and Abigail. So, after months of having fabric that matched the quilts, I have finished my first sewing project (all by myself, I might add.) I set a goal for myself at the end of May to make bedskirts, top sheets, and pillowcases by the girls' birthday party at the end of June. I met that goal (almost) by finishing 2 top sheets, 2 pillowcases and one bedskirt. Last week I finished the second bedskirt. Now, most of you are aware that I only post once in a blue moon (Brad seems better suited for the typical posts), but I really felt the need to brag on myself. Everyday I am so excited to be able to look at the beautiful quilts my gramma made for the girls.
Abigail's bed

Sydney's bed

While I'm doting on myself, I might as well add a picture of the cake I made for Sydney and Abigail's birthday party. They sing all the time, so I thought it would be fun to incorporate the 3 songs they sing most (Twinkle Twinkle, Baa Baa Black Sheep, and ABC's--all with the same tune) into their cake. We had a great celebration with our families and the girls seemed to have a blast. More pictures from the party are on flikr.

Lastly, my sweet Brad finished a project for the girls' room which we had been wanting to do for some time now. He had the idea of hanging pictures of each of our family members on either wall above Sydney's and Abigail's beds. From our immediate families to each of our grandparents, every picture is special to us. We hope our girls will enjoy looking at these pictures for years to come and know how much they are loved.

8 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Mary Alice said...

Rebekah! I am SO IMPRESSED! You should definitely be tooting your own horn here. You have done an absolutely amazing job on your sewing projects. And the quilts are just lovely - such precious heirlooms from such a sweet and loving woman.

Way to go girl, and happy birthday sydney and abigail!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Good job Bek! The beds look precious and way to go on the creative cake!! You're so good! :)

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on both projects! You got the box pleat to come out just right! The cake looks great, though it makes my wrist ache to think about it. All those stars!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Christy said...

The cake is too sweet. What a great idea you've had both years:) Looks like they had fun celebrating and your sewing projects do look great.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Their beds are beautiful! You and Becky are making me want to go out and adopt a little girl just so I can get her a precious bed! Great work on the linens and the cake. They will appreciate all that time and effort so much looking back in the years to come, I'm sure.
www.namastechild.blogspot.com

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Wow Bek! You took on a huge project-the bedding looks great. (my mom would be impressed-she's on me about picking up the pace on sewing) Happy late Birthday Sydney and Abigail

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

You have done a great job!! Have you been taking secret sewing classes??

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the sewing gift skipped a generation! Your Gramma Gin was a great seamstress--now you're budding!! I'm so proud of you and your tenacious attitude about doing special things for your daughters!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
supercounter