Google

Friday, May 11, 2007

I took a trip last weekend that I'll never forget - to the Havasupai Canyon (aka Havasu Falls Grand Canyon). A couple of buddies and I flew into Las Vegas, drove to the canyon, hiked the 12 miles to the three main waterfalls with backpacks, and out 12 miles in 4 days. I would suggest 5 or more days to truly enjoy the oasis that is Havasupai Canyon and to have ample time for napping and sunbathing and exploring. When the backpacking websites indicated the trip was strenuous, I had no idea. The heat and dust make the 2,000 foot climb out of the canyon a challenge. Of course, you can make it easier with helicopter access, pack animals to carry your stuff, a lodge for accomodations, and burgers at the reservation's restaurant, but then where would the success of overcoming the challenges be!?! I highly recommend this trip for the adventurous spirit. More pictures on flickr...

2 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incredibly beautiful pictures! I've read about Havasu Falls and would love to go there some day!! I'm glad you got to!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Those pics are breath taking and I'm sure they're nothing like seeing the real thing!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
supercounter