Google

Tuesday, October 04, 2005




Rebekah and I are amazed by Sydney and Abigail every day. Their personalities and expressions in the happy, play times make the rest of it so much worth it. Both of the girls are focusing more--on us and on their favorite flashing star on the play gym--and smiling more. We turn the motion sensor on for the star and just sit and watch as they enjoy the lights and music. When the music turns on and if they are in the window of happy play time, the girls smile and talk (cooing and 'ga'-ing) and bring us so much joy.

Although the girls have hit the 3 month mark and are not sleeping through the night yet, we all seem to be getting along just fine. We still get up around 2 or 3 am for a feeding, and the girls will hold out until 5:30 to 6:30 until they are hungry again. We'll probably start the process of not feeding at night and encouraging the girls to realize that they are not really that hungry, soon. In the past couple of weeks, we have witnessed one or both of the girls sleeping during the day for five to six hours, so we know they can do it at night.

We are anticipating the first out of town trip with the girls this weekend. Rebekah's mom and Grandma Gin are with us this week to visit and help out around the house. They will be driving with Rebekah and the girls back to their home in St. Louis, Missouri on Friday morning, and I'll be coming up after work. I would anticipate the girls doing great on the 5 hour trip since they usually love to sleep in the car. We will see...

2 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH NO, I am panicing. I can't tell the girls apart. You know what that means, it is time for Aunt Lindsey visit! No seriously, they are so beautiful and so much bigger than the last time I got to see them! I am so glad to hear they are more aware of their surroundings and making you smile with their coo-ings and ga-ings. I hope I can hear those sounds soon! I love you guys! Glad to hear you are doing well!

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so nice to see the girls - all three of them. I am looking forward to you traveling to St. louie so I can get some grandpa time. I love you all and appreciate the beautiful pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
supercounter