Google

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The house was eerily quiet tonight for supper--Sydney and Abigail were sleeping off the pain medication administered before the ever traumatic first round of immunization shots today at the pediatrician. Usually we hold one or both girls and eat with the other hand, but Abigail stayed asleep in her carseat after coming home from the doctor--a record breaking seven hours between feedings because of the doctor's office trauma--and Sydney cried herself to sleep and slept through the early evening.

I say that the shots were bad, but the clean out of one of Abigail's ears was the most difficult to watch. I held her arms down, a nurse held her head in position, and Dr. Mallard cleaned the wax out to see how her ears are developing. Abigail screamed enough to create bumps from broken blood vessels on her head and face--they kind of look like little blood blister/pimples--Dr. Mallard did not seem to be worried. She screamed louder than we have ever heard. I found out that the nurse holding her down, Susan, was actually my pediatric nurse for a time when I was a kid--small world. Dr. Mallard said that both of the girls had beautiful ears--medically speaking.

Drumroll please...Sydney now weighs 10 lbs. 13 ozs. and Abigail weighs 11 lbs. 5 ozs. This is almost five pounds gained since the August 5th weigh in...this is more than average but good. Maybe they are catching up with the other kids their age.

3 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of the trauma, but it was necessary! I am sure that was the hardest thing you guys have to do is hold down your babies when they are screaming! I hope they soon forget the traumas and continue to be happy, healthy babies! I can't wait to see and love on them again!

Aunt Lindsey

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of the trauma, but it was necessary! I am sure that was the hardest thing you guys have to do is hold down your babies when they are screaming! I hope they soon forget the traumas and continue to be happy, healthy babies! I can't wait to see and love on them again!

Aunt Lindsey

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always so hard the first time. And I'm sorry to say it gets even harder, especially when they look at you like "Why are you letting them do this to me?!!" I'm so glad to hear they're gaining weight and I'm glad you guys got to enjoy a double-handed dinner. It just keeps getting better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
supercounter