Google

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Wow, two posts back to back! "What has gotten in to them?" you may think. I (Rebekah) have really wanted to post the "8 things about our girls" that others have recently posted on their children for a few weeks now, but it's taken me awhile to think of enough differences between the girls. So, for now, you'll have to read the few I've come up with. (The rest of the post will be written in the girls' voices.)



Since we've done almost everything together since our first day of life and since we're identical, we have more similarities and interests in things than differences. So, we decided to tell you four tidbits about us together and two things about us as individuals.

We love to sing. Sometimes we will each sing a different song at the same time. (It gets a little crazy at times!) Christmas songs are still a favorite around our house right now because we loved them so much this year. Some of our current favorites are: Frosty the Snowman, We Wish You a Merry Christmas, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and 5 verses of Mary Had a Little Lamb.

Even before we received our medical kit for Christmas, we enjoyed giving each other "shots" many times a day. We are great little doctors with lots of love and compassion.

We are early risers. We had been getting up around 5:30 am, but recently we are sleeping until 6 am or so. We think there's too much to do in a day to wait for the sun to come up!

Recently we have found that getting into bed with each other in the morning is lots of fun--we have a lot to giggle about! Plus it lets Mama and Daddy rest a little while longer.


Sydney Lane

I love to "read" books. When Abigail and I are not playing together, you can usually find me on the couch with a book. The only thing better than reading a book is reading it with my family.

I really enjoy having my back scratched or my hair played with. It's very relaxing and a good way to wind down.

Abigail Kate

I love putting puzzles together. I will sit for awhile and try to figure it out on my own before asking anyone for help.

I am quite a monkey--I love to climb on anything (including Daddy) and Daddy says I've got a really strong grip. Climb Nashville--here I come!

5 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Mary Alice said...

Oh, how I love these girls! Getting to spend some precious time with them was so wonderful. They truly are little carbon copies, but if you watch closely, you really can see those differences playing out also.

Sitting on your couch, listening to their sweet, quiet voices singing Christmas songs is a memory I will keep close to my heart. Thanks for sharing them!!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger josh and darci said...

Twinkle Twinkle is a favorite at our house right now. However, after "how I wonder..." you never know how the verse will go. A lot of strange and funny things can come out of Brax's mind!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Aren't they just precious!!!!! They are getting so big!! I love that they are still singing the Christmas songs!! What a riot!!! They are so cute!!

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sydney and Abigail spent the night with us for the first time last night and Mike and I woke up this morning to precious voices singing, "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it"!!! It nearly brought tears to our eyes! We looked at each other and said--"We are SO glad we moved here"!!! They are such sweet blessings!!

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sweetest girls i know and i am excited to see them grow up with their similarities and differences! love you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
supercounter